5 pack holiday theme ideas

Being an Event Management student comes in pretty handy when planning guiding meetings, trips and sleepovers and I love working with a theme and organising. Organisation is how i combat stress, it relaxes me and i love it! When I'm struggling with mental health or stress in general, being given something to organise is what helps me the most! Although i've never chosen a pack holiday theme or have any intention of earning my going away license anytime soon I do have some pack holiday themes which I think would be super fun to organise and that girls would love so i thought I would share them with you for a bit of inspiration! 

1. The Greatest Showman
I honestly want to do this one so bad! I saw another leader do this and they wrote song words from the film on pillow cases which the girls decorated- so much fun! You could also combine this with the circus skills badge and watch the film with homemade popcorn! There is also now a unofficial Greatest Showman badge which would go great with this! 

2. Peter Rabbit
This might depend on the average age of your unit whether you think they would enjoy this or not but I think Peter Rabbit would be a super cute pack holiday! You could do a carrot treasure hunt, plant some flowers or paint plant pots and rabbit crafts would be adorable! This would also be a good one to do around Easter. 

3. Wildlife & Nature
It may not sound very exciting but most pack holiday locations tend to be in nature with plenty of options to explore outdoors and this could be supported with making suncathers, bug hotels etc and the brownies could also complete their wildlife explorer badge. Depending on where you go on pack holiday you could maybe visit a national trust.

4. Harry Potter
I'm a huge potterhead (my surname is even Potter!) and this theme would be super fun. Even if girls aren't that into the series I think the excitement of being sorted into houses, earning points and the general magic of it all would make for a great few days. 

5. Christmas
Christmas with children is an exciting time but celebrating it during the summer months adds an extra sense of excitement and it's something you can do so much with! Hot chocolate, christmas crafts, decorating christmas tree's, I think everyone would have great fun with this! 

Let me know what pack holiday themes you've done or would like to do in the comments or via my Instagram.

M x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Challenge Badges for 2018

My Rainbow's Promise Ceremony

Christmas Challenge Badges I love