Autumn Term Plan

This term will be the first that I am studying at university and although it will be an exciting change tt will mean I don’t get to see my Rainbows very much :( I’ve volunteered with my current unit for a year and a half now and I love all the girls and the team lots. Luckily though I will make four of their meetings this term and the Christmas trip and on Tuesday night had lots of fun planning what they’ll get up to this term!

For the first half term, the girls will be completing their festivals roundabout which I think they’ll enjoy! We’ll be kick-starting with Harvest and making their favourite meals out of play dough as well as collecting donations for the local food bank. For the other three sections of the roundabout the girls will decide at their Rainbow chat next week and I’m sure they’ll pick some fab activities!
 
From after Halloween to Christmas we’ll be completing the ‘Be an Elf Yourself Challenge’ which can be found on the unofficial badges Facebook page. What we really liked about this badge was that it had plenty of opportunities for community action which I feel is really important to start from a young age! We’ll be making jigsaws to give to each other along with cards to deliver to a care home up the road! We are having a dentist visit to talk about taking care of our teeth as elves eat lots of sugar and are also playing pin the bell on the elf! I think they’ll have lots of fun completing this and will love the adorable badge!



We always have a Christmas party which is lots of fun and this year we will be doing this adorable unicorn craft from baker ross. Our girls love unicorns! So much that we had a whole sleepover on them. I’m defiantly coming home from university that week to celebrate with them!

The girls will also be going on a trip at the start of December to have breakfast with Santa with other Rainbows from the division. I think this is a great trip idea and will help the parents do some Christmas shopping whilst the girls get to hang out with Santa!

Mixed in within these two badges this term is a walk to the park, a Christmas party, a Christmas carol service and a few weeks for the girls to pick what they want to do. Every term or so we get the girls to write a big list of what they would like to do and we try and do as many as we can, they come up with some great suggestions and us leaders have a great time trying to make them work!

So that’s what my Rainbows will be getting up to this term! I hope everyone has had a great first meeting back and has a fun filled autumn term!


M x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Challenge Badges for 2018

My Rainbow's Promise Ceremony

Christmas Challenge Badges I love