Challenge Badges for 2018

I know that we have yet to celebrate christmas but being the extra organised person I am I've put together this list of challenge badges (official and unofficial) that you might like to do with your girls this spring term! Coming later this week I'll have a post on non badge related ideas for the 2018 spring term too!

1. The year of the dog challenge
****
41st Blackburn Guides
I know it isn't about the design of the badge but as soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to do it with my girls! As a big advocate for animal welfare I love that this badge teaches girls how to properly look after their furry friends and it also ties in well if you want to do some Chinese new year activities as 2018 is the year of the dog.


                                                  

2. Libraries gave us power challenge
**** 
38th Aberdeen Brownies
Again this is a great badge with such a pretty design and I love how it helps encourage girls to read. It has such a range of activities, making it fab for all 4 sections and in such a digital age I think this would be a great way to encourage girls to switch off. 





3. Life Skills Challenge Badge
***
1st Valley (RAF) Brownies
I was reading through this pack and instantly thought what a great challenge which I feel would be best suited to Brownies onwards. The badge is split into 5 sections like confidence, relaxation and finance and typically badges don't cover those areas and I think girls would have lots of fun earning this! 




4. Road Safety 
**
4th Birmingham Brownies
Now that the nights are starting to get brighter, units can start venturing outside the normal meeting place again and this badge is a fun way to teach such an important topic. Although designed with Rainbows in mind I think it would work well with Brownies too!


                                                    

5. Growing up wild in the spring 
****
Girlguiding laser have lots of different paw print badges which all sound like lots of fun! As we come into Spring I think the activities included in this would be lot of fun to do and are easily adapted to the individuals units needs. You can order these through the laser secretary or there is a seller on the buy, sell or swop group Facebook page too.



6. Lend a Hand Challenge
****
3rd Burnham Brownies
This badge is completely about helping and doing stuff for others and I feel it really spreads the guiding spirit and would be great for any of the sections! It gets girls involved in the community, helping those in need and the environment which are all great things to get girls involved in.




There is so many different challenge badges you could do with your units this coming term and a few ideas on sectional badges that you could do with your girls or encourage them to do are:
Rainbows: All About Me Roundabout 
Brownies: Brownie Traditions and Gardener 
Guides: Guiding Traditions and Science
Rangers: International

Let me know some of your Spring term ideas!
M x

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Rainbow's Promise Ceremony

Christmas Challenge Badges I love