Volunteer Week 2018

From the 1st until the 7th of June it is national volunteers week in the UK and I've loved seeing the coverage it's been getting across social media! I wanted to write a little bit of a post about volunteering and what it means to me, as well saying thank you to all those who give up their time and help others! The world would be a much worse place without volunteers! 

Since starting University in September I have volunteered 155 hours and I'm not sure how I managed to fit it all in! Most of this is though being a Rainbow and Brownie leader as well as Peer Education but I've also done a fair few hours through being a University Academic Rep, ambassador and as well as being part of the Events society and volunteering at things such as the Chester Christmas light switch on. And theres so much more I wish I could do but time just doesn't allow! 

 'You can do anything but you can't do everything' 

I'm incredibly thankful for all the volunteering opportunities I have been given and the skills and benefits I have experienced from being a volunteer and I know I wouldn't have gained all this without other wonderful volunteers supporting me! 

It doesn't matter who you volunteer for, Girlguidng or not and it doesn't matter how long you have done it for or for how long a week, Volunteering is an amazing thing to do and makes you a pretty great person and thank you, for helping the world be a brighter and happier place! 

To the youth leaders who provide kids with incredible opportunities to the first aiders who keep us safe and the ones who care for abused animals you are all incredible and this week is for you! 

If you know a volunteer use this week to tell them Thank you! Send them a text, a card maybe even a badge if thats what your organisation does! Perhaps even nominate that person you know who always goes an extra mile for an award! Everyone deserves to be celebrated and recognised for all that they do! 

I'd like to say a thank you to all the those who have been my leader within Guiding for inspiring me and making me the person that I am and also a thank you to the UoC volunteering team for the incredible work they do! 

Speak to you soon,
M x 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Challenge Badges for 2018

My Rainbow's Promise Ceremony

Christmas Challenge Badges I love