Summer Term Ideas

After an Easter break, filled with lots of chocolate and rest, the summer term will soon be here! I’m sure lots of you are currently planning the term ahead so I thought I would share with you some of my ideas for the next term!

Girlguiding has released an all section inclusive badge called Future Girl for units all across the UK to take part in! Future girl is simply a way for girls to get a say in Girlguiding’s future and has activity cards for each section for leaders to use to achieve the badge! I think Future Girl is a great idea as the only way for an organisation to be powerful and successful is for it to listen and act upon its members ideas and beliefs and doing this on such a large scale is great, especially during a time of such heavy change! If you want to get your unit involved with Future Girl you have to do it this term as the deadline for the questionnaire (and to get your badges), is the 15th of July! I’m hoping to do this with my Rainbow unit, and although I think its the hardest section to do something like with I think we’ll all get a lot out of it!

Although the current programme can still be used till July 2019, this term for many units will be the last that they use the current programme and resources! If this is the case then perhaps ask the girls which badges or go for its they would like to achieve and try and plan them it. Although interest badges are designed to be done at home, in the meeting place girls can still achieve them through doing it independently during their meeting time! 


 Book a Peer Educator! This month Breaking Free, the latest Peer Education resource is out and is all about gender stereotypes and how we can break them! Peer Educators across the country have recently been trained on this and I’m sure lots will be eager to visit units and deliver this resource! I was one of the Peer Educators who filmed the training video for this and I’m so excited to see it being delivered as it is such an important issue and getting girls talking about it from such a young age is great! 




Depending on what section you are a leader for, the 10th of July is Teddy Bear Picnic day which could be a fun theme for a meeting! Perhaps a walk to the park for a picnic with each girl bringing along a teddy or you could see if you could get a teddy bear hospital to visit your unit! I think this would probably work best with Rainbows or Brownies but sometimes Guides and Rangers like time to relive their childhood! 



My final idea is Football, this summer the World Cup will be taking place and on the theme of breaking stereotypes, running a session on football for your girls might be something they don't usually get to take part in and might enjoy! You may know someone who could come and run a session or really all thats needed is an actual football to have fun!

I hope you all enjoy this coming term, and let me know what you are all getting up to in the comments or via my Instagram- megsguidingadventures

M x




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Challenge Badges for 2018

My Rainbow's Promise Ceremony

Christmas Challenge Badges I love