Exciting Day at Girlguiding HQ

A while ago now Peer Education posted on their Facebook page asking for some Peer Educators to help film a video as part of an application for extra funding. Being a Peer Educator is one of my favourite roles in guiding but since starting university I haven’t had the chance to run any sessions or get involved and seeing as the date for the filming was in the holidays I decided to take the chance and apply! I was super excited to get an email back shortly after saying I had been successful and was invited to London to take part in the filming! I had such a great time so I thought I would share with you all what I got up too!

I got to HQ for 12pm and met the lovely Amelia and Emma and headed down to ICANDO, the location where we filmed. At first I was shocked by how professional the set up was, I was kind of expecting a few guiders and a camera but we had a really lovely camera man who made us laugh and feel at ease and lots of lights too! We had a rough idea of what we were saying and had a run through of it, making sure we included all that we needed to. Me and Emma both made a few bloopers and for some reason I kept forgetting “ the potential we each have” but finally I got it out! I imagine if a bloopers video was made it would be quite entertaining. 

As filming took quite a bit shorter than expected afterwards me and Emma decided to head of and do some sightseeing and what place are two guiders going to visit? Pax Lodge of course! It was very much a flying visit but I got to see the building and visit the shop and loved the atmosphere. We went from being in the busy city to somewhere that just felt so guide like and I definitely want to go and stay there! Of course I picked up some badges along with a t-shirt because it’s not everyday you visit your first world centre. 

I had such a lovely day and it was so nice meeting Emma and making a new Guiding friend! Thats one of my favourite thing about Guiding- that it’s pretty much one big family! I’m not sure if the video we recorded will be posted online anywhere but if it is I’ll post a link and let you know! It was such a fun and exciting day and hopefully will be the first of many opportunities to support Guiding on a national level! 

 M x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Challenge Badges for 2018

My Rainbow's Promise Ceremony

Christmas Challenge Badges I love