Christmas Challenge Badges I love

Christmas is my favourite time of year and i love getting to do christmas activities with the girls! Over the last few years I've done a few christmas challenge badges and this year I'll be doing another so I thought I would share a few with you for a bit of inspiration. Now I know this is a bit early but us leaders are organised people and like to plan ahead! 

1. Be An Elf Yourself Challenge
This is the christmas challenge I'll be doing with my Rainbows this year which I talked about here. Not only is the badge adorable but it has quite a few community action activities in it which i think it important all year round but is certainly more common around the festive period. This challenge has both shorter and longer activities in it so you can spend as long or little time on it as you like. Also not all the activities are christmas related such as learning how to care for your teeth as elves eat lots of sugar meaning you don't have to worry about starting Christmas activities too early! I found this badge on the unofficial challenge badge page on Facebook and if you want to do a christmas challenge i would defiantly check it out! 

2. The Reindeer Challenge
The Reindeer challenge is one of a series of badges ran by USK Rangers and can be found on the Guiders forum or the Facebook page I mentioned before. This includes so many different activities and although the challenge is slightly vague in places it gives units so much freedom to make the challenge work for them! Also in the series is a Robin challenge which would also work well during the festive period!


                                                  3.  Christmas around the world
I like this badge as it has a bit of an educational approach and I think generally the girls would enjoy learning about different Christmas traditions around the world! The badge is split into different countries and the activities range from singing,  acting, crafts and games! There is defiantly something for everyone in this challenge! And again it is available on the unofficial challenge badge page on Facebook


                   4. The Christmas Challenge
I completed this challenge over a christmas sleepover and there is so much variation in the activities you can do! I learned a lot about christmas whilst having fun making stuff and doing activities! This one is quite lengthy so may suit a pack holiday or overnight event better than weekly meetings! Take a look and see what you think!


                                5. The Elftastic Challenge
The badge for this one is absolutely adorable but the challenge itself is equally as good! I think this one would be really good for Brownies as a lot of the activities are to do with elves which ties in nicely with their sixes! Like the Be and Elf Yourself challenge it also has a section for giving which I think is really important to teach the girls! 

Let me know if your unit are doing any of these badges or other christmas ones out there! All of the badges featured are available to find on the unofficial challenge badge Facebook page and most will be on the guiders forum too I think! A bit later on i'll be doing a post about general christmas badges and guiding gifts so keep your eyes peeled for that! 

M x





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Challenge Badges for 2018

My Rainbow's Promise Ceremony

Introducing the new programme